Today will simply be a DIY project I made.
This project was inspired by this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/263812490643649741/
- Mod Podge
- A canvas
- Wrapping paper
My picture is a 5×7, but I couldn’t find a 5×7 canvas. So I went with a pack of two 8×10.
I didn’t think of taking picture of the in-between work, because I didn’t think I would make a DIY post about it. So I’ll show you the end result, and describe what I did the best I can. You can always refer to the link, it’s pretty much what I did.
1) Since I didn’t have a canvas the size of the picture, I had to alter the use of the wrapping paper. As you can see, instead of just mod podging some on the sides, I also mod podged some in the front to make a kind of frame.
2) I put some mod podge behind the picture and pressed it in the middle.
3) I waited for it to dry, then mod podged the whole thing. I think it’s supposed to be some kind of protective layer.
4) After that dried, I found the wrapping paper to be empty, so I added some letter stickers and spelled the name of my son.
5) I hammered two very small nails in the ribbon and made a bow to hang it on the wall.
Very easy, fast and beautiful project to do 🙂
Until next time!